Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SpOoKy

Photobucket
October is the month of everything scary. Well I guess not everything is necessarily scary, pumpkins are cute right? But you know all that goes along with the Halloween spirit. Ghosts, witches, men in scary white masks. I actually love Halloween and all it entails. I've been getting into the spirit of it all as usual. Apparently so has my family. Let me tell you a spooky story.

Last week I went over to my parents house. I wanted to show my mom my sweater I got for our family photos on Saturday-to make sure it coordinated with the color scheme she had chosen.

I walk in the house, the lights are on. I yell, "Mom!" Nothing, not a sound.

I thought to myself, "Hmmm...Marta is going deaf, I should yell louder."

"MOM!!!"

Nothing.

So then I started yelling other names of family members.

Nothing.

I look down the basement stairs, it was dark. So I thought, "I bet she went on a walk."

I decided to warm up some food and wait for her. While warming up the food I hear very loud music coming from the basement. I look down the stairs and see the lights on and the computer on playing super loud music. At this point I was wondering if I was going crazy, because I could have sworn the lights were off a second ago.

I thought it was a fluke thing. So I run down the stairs turn the music off and lights off and run back upstairs to eat my food.

Two minutes later the music starts back up again and the lights are on again.

That's when I began to freak out a bit...okay actually a lot.

I called my brother Peter's cell phone. The convo went something like this.

"Peter where are you?"

"At the neighbors, why?"

"There is something freaky going on here at home, where's mom?"

"She's with me."

"Get home now, I am freaking out!"

At that point I hear two people coming up the stairs chuckling. Who else but my lovely mother and Peter. They were laughing and laughing and oh-so-proud of their prank achievement.

I could have killed them, but of course I had to laugh at the joke as well.

See everyone's getting into the Halloween spirit this year-including my 60 year old mom.

Well it started off the weekend on the right foot. Last Friday night I went to another spooky but amazing event, Thriller put on by the Odyssey Dance Company in Salt Lake. It was spectacular!
Photobucket
{These zombies were everywhere before the show, don't they look scary? They were, trust me.}

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! I am laughing so hard! I love it! :) I love your mom and brother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have wet myself. Love your boots, by the way. May I ask where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious!

    I think the older moms get, the funnier they get. A mom who pulls pranks has to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete