I think this picture alone explains quite a bit about my dear father and his sense of humor. It's his birthday today and in a bit I'll be heading over to my parents house to celebrate.
A few things about him that make him the greatest are:
- He is like a walking encyclopedia. If you give him a year, he can spout off about who the President was, what wars were going on, music, etc. Us kids are still trying to get him to go onto Jeopardy.
- He has a passion for reading and staying up on current events. He is the one that got me hooked on NPR.
- Quirkiest sense of humor and he laughs at his own jokes.
- Loves to name his cars. When I was in Jr. High my dad bought a VW camper bus. He loved her so much he gave her the name Helga-he thought it appropriate that the name be German since it was a VW.
- He is one of the kindest people I know. If I need anything-I know hands down that he would help me. He is like this with family, friends, strangers. If he sees a need-he is always there to help.
These are just a few of the reasons I adore my dad. He is a man that I admire.
Happy Birthday dad-Love you!