Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tiramisu, Yes Please!

Tiramisu translates to 'pick me up'. Now who wouldn't want a 'pick me up' kind of dessert?! I love this dessert and have ever since I first tried it. I still remember it. We had a foreign Italian student living with us. Pia made it for us and I fell in love. It is creamy and has coffee flavoring. If I was not LDS, I am sure I would be a coffee addict. Over the holidays I found this recipe and have substituted the real coffee for Mormon coffee aka Postum or Pero. Last Sunday I was invited to dinner and asked to bring dessert. I brought this delicious tiramisu and it was a hit, everyone loved it and the bowl came home empty. So here's the recipe for you all to try. I have no doubt you'll be licking the bowl clean!

Tiramisu(A la Americana version)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
48 NILLA Wafers
1/2 cup brewed strong Coffee, cooled, divided (This is where you substitute for the Mormon coffee, or not, if you live on the wild side.)
2 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely grated
1 cup fresh raspberries


BEAT cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Beat in milk and pudding mixes. Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.

LINE 2-1/2-qt. bowl with 24 wafers; drizzle with 1/4 cup coffee. Top with 1/2 each pudding mixture and chocolate. Repeat all layers.

TOP with remaining Cool Whip and raspberries. Refrigerate 2 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.

2 comments: