Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lactose Intolerant


My favorite snack choice as of late is a wedge of the Laughing Cow along with some Triscuits or carrots. It is a great and healthy snack because one of these creamy swiss cheese wedges only has 30 calories! How great is that?!? It is great for a gal who suffers from lactose intolerance, because the portion is just right where I don't get sick. I won't go into the details of how sick I can get if I were to eat a plate of fetucinni alfredo or a milkshake. Thank goodness for Lactaid, the little chewable tablets that I take before consuming loads of dairy. Here's a clip from one of my favorite movies French Kiss, where Meg Ryan's character has consumed too much dairy, oh how I can relate Meg!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those cheese wedges! I discovered them a few years ago and am so glad your intolerance doesn't keep you from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that I have Andrew hooked on Laughing Cow cheese. And it's all because of YOU when we were roommates. Thanks for introducing me to this delish little treat.

    ReplyDelete