Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Mother Nature


Dear Mother Nature,

I realize it is just the beginning of Spring and it is expected that we should have rain during this season and I do expect that. But this morning I woke up to snow on the ground and frigid wind and temperatures. I am very disappointed that you would tease us like this. I should be used to this teasing by now, especially here in Utah, but I never get used to it. Last weekend it was 70 degrees. I put away my heavy coats and boots and brought out my light jackets and colorful clothing, shoes and accessories. This week it is cold again. I am not happy with your teasing and indecisiveness! Please bring me lovely Spring weather. I would really enjoy the 60's and 70's, some rain here and there to help the beautiful green pop back up, and my beloved sun whom I have missed. I am an unattractive shade of yellow right now. I would like to be brown again. I write you this letter in hopes that you will listen to my plea and put forth your best Spring to us.

Sincerely,
Yellow Cold Beverly

4 comments:

  1. Wow- your letter was SOOOO much nicer than mine would have been. Mine would have started out:

    Mother Nature:
    What the @#%! you !@#$*? What is wrong with you? Etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I know, i thought i'd kill her with guilt and kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo your spring tease sentiments to Mother Nature. She knows exactly what she's doing...

    And at last a friend who understands the difference between Latina-tan and Latina-'white'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are too funny. seriously.

    ReplyDelete