Friday, August 29, 2014

Always a good reminder...

I saw this saying some time ago and it hit home. I think we can all say
that there has been a moment in our lives that we compare our stage in life
with someone else's and feel we've fallen short because we want to be 
in their stage of life. I am no exception. It is something I've done too many times
to care for and at the end of the day I've always come up short. But when I really
start to dissect why I'm feeling this way, I realize the feeling of inadequacy has nothing
to do with the comparison of another person to myself, but everything to do with how
I view myself, my life, my situation.

I can only be my best self, my progress can't be measured with someone else's progress.
Yes I can glean and learn from others' successes and mistakes, but my path is mine and mine alone. 
The fact is no two lives are the same; similar, yes, the same, no. There is peace and comfort in 
that, because living in a time when we are constantly bombarded with social media posts and photo's
it's too easy to get caught up in where we fall short. But the reminder that we're all in different 
chapters, truly put things into perspective for me.

On that happy note I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment