Friday, October 18, 2013

Ko Phi Phi, Thailand {part II}

The last couple of days on the islands we
made sure to soak it all up.  I was excited
that we would be heading to Hong Kong, 
but I knew it was a big city and that always means
throbbing feet and a different type of vacation.

We decided to go explore the island we'd been staying on
the last day.  I'm so glad we did.  We got to see what
real village life was like outside of the resort.  I know resort life
isn't the way the island people live.  It was humbling
to see how the local people didn't have much in the form of monetary
means, but they live simply and with such gratitude for what they do have.

The side of the island we stayed on was not affected
by the 2005 tsunami, however the other side of the island
was almost completely destroyed.  While exploring the other side
we noticed all of the empty homes, sometimes with only
one wall standing or just the cement foundation was left.  I can't imagine how many lives were
lost or how many others were affected by loss of a loved one or ones.

Not only was southern Thailand  awe-inspiring, charming, 
and gorgeous but the people were so kind.
We made friends with the staff at the resort
and it was so beautiful to see them clasp their
hands together, bow their heads and greet us with
a sweet smile on their faces.
^^Mango with sticky rice and coconut milk...I had it almost every day.
 ^^Traditional Thai dancing.

 ^^Loved all the different types of flowers.
 ^^Thai's main form of transportation...scooters.  We saw some that had 3-4 people on them.


 ^^After a day at the beach we made it up the hill to see the sun set.
^^The staff we made friends with, bidding us farewell.

Up next...Hong Kong.

7 comments:

  1. ah, what a lovely trip! i enjoy all of the bright colors and the flowers here, so lucky!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures -- I've always wanted to go there! My fiance and I are thinking of making Thailand our honeymoon destination. This post may have just convinced me to do it!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister visited this island a couple of years ago and LOVED it. I definitely want to make my way over there someday! Can't wait to see what you thought of Hong Kong - it's probably one of my favorite cities in China - top 3 at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Will you like to follow each other on GFC, FB and Twitter? Please let me know on my blog!!!Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredible! This place is a dream! Thank you for sharing such amazing photographs :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos! <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    just let me know
    kisses :*
    Marlena

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are gorgeous! And so are you! You are so tan, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete