Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Quick trip to D.C.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A couple weeks ago I had to go to our lovely nation's capital for work.

I usually have to go there once a year for work and although I'm
usually by myself {which isn't ideal} I'm starting to like it for a few reasons,
those being that I get to explore the city at my pace, see new things everytime I go,
 & try out new restaurants & hotels, so I can see what I want to do better
and differently the next time.

All in all not a shabby thing right?  This time it was a quick in and out trip, 2 days total.
The first day I was in a conference all day, but that evening after settling in my hotel
I went out to eat and then walked to all of my favorite touristy stops.  The evening was
so beautiful and the sun was shining brilliantly. 

The next day I went out to my favorite part of the city, Georgetown. 
It's such a quant and charming place.  I shopped, ate ice-cream,
went out to lunch and of course people watched...what else am I supposed to do?
I had no one else to entertain me, and people watching is by far the most entertaining thing
to do when by one's self.

If you haven't been to D.C. you must go, it's sure to lure you in as it has me. 

2 comments:

  1. I really love exploring places on my own too-it's like you can take your time and really enjoy it.

    Now, who on earth took that photo of you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not too shy about asking strangers :)

      Delete