Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lady Irene has arrived.

Photobucket
Hurricane Irene is here.
I am not in Utah, I flew to the east coast and arrived on Friday morning.
I have always had impeccable timing for things like these.
The plan went like this:
Long Island for some beach time.
Shopping.
Eating all my faves.
Top of the Rock.
US Open
etc
etc
Has any of that happened?
Nope.
But all is well. We are safe and that's all that matters.
I am staying with friends in NYC.
They are gems and have everything ready.
We have 72 hour kits, food galore, water and are just waiting.
Waiting for what Irene has in store for us.
We hope its mild, but the news says otherwise.
At the moment, the window is cracked open.
I can feel the wind, hear the rain and
we're watching Australia.
The first of many movies I'm sure unless our power goes out.
I am hoping that by tomorrow evening we can go out
and try to enjoy some time in the city and hopefully
the US Open on Monday, fingers crossed.
But for now all I really hope for is safety,
the rest is just icing on the cake.
Send good vibes our way!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of impeccable timing...didn't you leave NYC the day before 9/11? Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete