Sunday, July 25, 2010

Island taste in my mouth.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

I found this simple & tasty recipe here and I can't seem to get enough of it. Although in typical Santamaria fashion I tweaked the recipe a bit to my own liking.


Being summer and all I thought shrimp and coconut should be accompanied by some mangos, avocado's and lime. So here's the recipe for the salsa if you choose to take your taste buds to tropical bliss too.


Just eyeball how much salsa you want to make, then add or take away ingredients.


2 ripe mangos

1-2 ripe avocado's

1 lime

2 garlic gloves minced finely

cilantro chopped finely

1 large tomatoe

1 teaspoon salt


Chop & dice all your ingredients and mix up in a bowl.


Just a suggestion. Last Sunday I let my salsa sit on the counter while we made some pineapple-coconut juice{which I highly recommend with this dish}and the juices settled in with the room temperature quite nicely making the salsa flavors even better and more infused with the lime.

2 comments:

  1. YUM. If I could make those letters bigger for greater emphasis, I would.

    And what kind of refreshing green drink is that?

    I love people who find good food recipe blogs. I never find them myself, so I am especially grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Look at you! It looks like you are just as much of a cook as I am. No wonder we're friends. :) Loves!

    ReplyDelete