Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I'm a Princess too."

Princess
This past Saturday I had a date with my niece Sara. She is 3, but acts about 3 times older than her real age. We went to see The Princess and the Frog. I've never seen a little girl more excited for her day out with Aunt Bevy. As she sat in her booster seat in the theatre her eyes widened as the movie started and she started giggling and squealing with excitement.


Afterwards we went to eat pizza and talked about the movie. I asked her what her favorite part was.


She said:


"The part where the frogs become the Prince and the Princess!"


I said, "Oh yes I really liked that part. Don't you think the Princess was so pretty?"


She replied in her smart 3 year old high pitched voice, "Oh yes she is so pretty. I am a Princess too you know."


I said, "Oh really?"


"Yes Bevy we are all Princesses!"


"I guess we are Sara, thanks for reminding me. You are so pretty too, did you know that?"


"I know" she said, "I really am pretty."


Aaah to have the confidence of a 3 year old and to be so sure of it. One of the many reasons I adore to be around little children.

1 comment:

  1. How cute is she?! I hope she always remembers that. I love confident little girls.

    Was that movie good? I still haven't seen it and don't have a little girl to take. I may take Chuche.

    ReplyDelete