Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Thankful Bev

Yesterday was one of those days that you just want to throw your hands in the air and say, "I GIVE UP"! I had been talking to a girlfriend and was telling her what was going on and immediately she said, "Come over tonight, I am making you dinner and we are have a girls night out to just chat." We ate, we laughed, and it was just what I needed. I am so grateful for wonderful friends in my life. I have one of my dearest friends that lives all the way across on the other side of the USA(you know who you are); but yet our friendship is as strong as ever. I know I can call her at any hour and she is there listening. It is what we do for one another. We listen, and the roles reverse at different times in our lives. Sometimes I am the listener-other times they are.

Lately my friends have been doing most of the listening as I am blabbing to them about my life and this crossroads I am faced with at the moment. What to do, where to go, am I making the right decisions? All these questions and decisions. I was at this same spot last year around this time. The time was not right for me to move apparently because I sent out a million applications and nothing. Time has passed, things have been checked off the list that needed to get done and I am now at the same lovely crossroads again. Such is life right? Live, learn and grow. That is what we do, and I have learned it is best to just sit back and enjoy the ride. Learn to love where I am at right now and look forward to what the future holds.

So to all my dear friends I say THANK YOU, GRAZIE, GRACIAS, MERCI from the bottom of my heart for always being there for me. I really am the lucky one.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for the best for you!

    Those d--n crossroads. Such a difficult place to be, but I'm happy you have such a great support system to help you through it!

    I think you should have a great future waiting you here in Houston. When do you get here btw? I'll email you. I would love to see you. We aren't too far from Austin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Bauvy! (Is that how you spell it?) I just love you. Hope you know that! And I wish wish wish that we could just have a girls night out whenever we wanted. that would be just about right.

    ReplyDelete