Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Island Hopping Part 2

It seems like the second half of vacations
are always the best...
at least for me.
You're finally truly
relaxed and can really
absorb it all.

The third port was St. Thomas, 
part of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
We had each heard that there was a smaller island, 
St. John's, taken by ferry that was
not to be missed.
We heard the beaches 
were more secluded
and that the quaintness of 
the island was authentic.

So to St. John's we went.  
Truly it was a gem.
We went to Trunk Bay 
and it lived up to the paradise I'd dreamed of.
The beaches were practically
barren, the water was so clear I 
could see my feet, & the sand, 
oh bless that sand it was so soft 
& cushiony I could sleep on it. 
We had arrived to paradise.

We snorkeled and I kept snapping pictures
both with my camera and mentally.
But the pictures don't do it justice.
We were so happy we went to the beaches on 
St. John's instead of the touristy filled
beaches of St. Thomas.

Our fourth and last port was
Grand Turk.
The weather was exquisite.  We decided to 
just soak up the beach and sun instead of 
touring the island.
Coincidentally as we were
playing in the ocean we saw
our cute cabin steward Florian walking by.
We invited him to join us for the day.

We had so much fun on the cruise.
I don't remember the last time I just
kicked back and really relaxed 
like I did that week.
Most travel excursions are filled
with walking, sight seeing and 
getting back to the hotel 
with blisters.
And though I will always like to travel 
that way, I think there will
always be room for 
a relaxing vacation
where the staff pampers you, 
where there is any type of food 
you want to eat, 
and where your hotel
follows you along your 
journey.

I can now say I'm a cruisin' fan!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment